This /long/ post is for those who requested/might be interested/getting into this Korean skincare thing! helloooo, I tagged some of you! 🙂 hahaha I’m writing this here cause apparently there’s a character limit on instagram which I wasn’t aware of…. ANYWAY
So this is my Korean skincare routine. These are the products I use. (Yup, all of that!) But it varies morning & evening! In this post, I included the products I use, some tips & tricks and a short opinion of each one! 🙂 hope this helps you guys!
My morning skincare routine is pretty simple.
1. CLEANSE: COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser (it makes your skin feel squeaky clean! Very good for you guys with oily skin!)
2. TONE: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner (it brings your skin’s pH to the normal level which is about 5.5! It’s def not too harsh for your skin & helps your skin absorb the other products better)
3. ESSENCE: COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (one of my favorites! It really moisturizers my skin and helps lighten my dark spots! And it’s not heavy at all!)
4. EMULSION: COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion (it moisturizes my skin without making it look too oily! In fact, after I put it on, my face looks matte)
5. MOISTURIZE: COSRX Aloe Vera Oil-free Moisture Cream (I have oily skin and so an oil free moisturizer is better for me! Esp during the day! Plus, aloe is good for sensitive skin cause it soothes it when it’s irritated or red)
6. EYE CREAM: Skin Food Salmon Brightening Eye Cream (I just got this but it works wonders! I went through several eye creams before but they never seemed to work for me! I have dark dry under eyes and so I needed something that would really moisturize and brighten that area and so far, this has been nothing but amazing!)
7. SPF: COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream (tbh I never really liked SPF cause I didn’t like the idea of putting sunblock on my face considering that I have sensitive/acne prone skin BUT I decided to try this product anyway because wearing SPF everyday is an absolute MUST for healthy skin!! And so far, I’ve been loving this!!!! It’s not heavy at all and it doesn’t have that strong sunblock smell! I think this is the only SPF that I would ever put on my face hahaha)
8. MAKE-UP CREAM: SON&PARK Beauty Cream (not in the picture – I use this all the time before I put makeup. It pretty much preps my skin and gives me that glowy look that I really like! And it’s not heavy nor does it block my pores! So YAY)
So that’s my morning skincare routine! My nighttime skincare routine on the other hand is a bit… more complicated hahaha and so I’ll write it in parts!
1. OIL CLEANSER: Banila Co. Clean It Zero (I am on my 3rd tub cause this stuff is absolutely amazing! I put on heavy makeup a lot because of all my performances and gigs and so I really need an oil cleanser that takes off EVERYTHING and so far this has been it!!!! Buy it guys! You won’t regret it!!!!)
2. FOAM CLEANSER: COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser (I have acne prone skin and so I make it a point to use a cleanser with acne fighting ingredients at night! I only use this at night because I feel that if I use it twice a day, it’ll be too strong for my skin and it might just end up irritating it)
3. ***WATER CLEANSER: SON&PARK Beauty Water (this is optional for me! If I’m washing off super heavy makeup, I use this just to make sure I got everything off my face. If I’m washing off everyday makeup then I usually skip this step)
4. TONE: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
5. VITAMIN C: Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop (I just started using this and so far it’s been very good to my skin. I used to use c21 but it was too strong for me. Instead of helping my skin, it irritated it and so I researched cause I wanted to find something more gentle and I saw this! So if ever you want a Vitamin c serum that’s gentle on your sensitive skin, klairs is the one for you!)
****wait 10 minutes**** (you wait so that your skin will absorb the vitamin c before you put anything else! That way it’ll work better! Also, Vitamin c/BHA/AHA treatments work best on skin with a natural pH which is why before I put these on, I use the toner up there ^ which brings my skin to the normal pH level! If you use another toner that’s more acidic, the treatments may not work unless you wait 30 minutes or so after applying the toner before you put them on)
6. BHA Treatment: BHA blackhead power liquid (I only use BHA because I feel like it helps my skin better. It digs deeper into your skin compared to AHA. AHA is merely just for the surface. But my problem lies within (wow deep hahaha) I used to get a lot of big pimples but when I started using this, they were reduced because this treatment works to prevent them from ever forming! It’s your choice if you want to use both but if you only need one then just use one! It’s always important to only use what you need and not overdo it) ****wait 10 minutes AGAIN**** so that the treatment is fully absorbed by your skin
ESSENCES/AMPULES/ MOISTURIZERS/EYE CREAM (thinnest/most watery—>thickest)
7. ESSENCE: COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
8. AMPULE: COSRX Propolis Light Ampule (super gentle on my skin! I love honey/propolis and my skin loves it too so this works for me! It helps plump up my skin and gives me a really nice glow)
9. EMULSION: COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion
10. CREAM MOISTURIZER: COSRX Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream (just started using this and it’s really good! It makes my skin so supple and soft! I use this only at night though because it’s thick and sticky and so it might make me too oily during the day considering my skin gets oily! But at night, it’s perfect cause you wake up with moisturized supple skin! and no, it doesn’t clog your pores!!)
11. EYE CREAM: Skin Food Salmon Brightening Eye Cream
12. SLEEPING PACK: Etude House Moist Up Sleeping Pack (I’ve been using this for around 7 months now every single night! It never broke me out and that is a plus considering I have acne prone skin and also since then, I have noticed that I have been waking up to fully hydrated skin! I recommend this sleeping pack for those who are just starting out! It’s really good!)
13. SPOT TREATMENT: Benzac AC (if I see pimples starting out, I usually put this on and it helps get rid of them! This was recommended by my derma before)
14. PIMPLE PATCH: COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch (when I see those big pimples, I put one on right away and by the next morning they’re flat!!! Like what???? Hahahaha but make sure when you put it on, the area is freshly cleansed and there is NOTHING on it! Cause the patch absorbs the bad stuff and so putting toner/essence on the pimples would prevent the bad stuff from being completely absorbed)
15. LIP SLEEPING PACK: LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Pack (I have chapped lips. Since forever. And so I decided to get something to treat it! I put this on every night and I wake up with smooth and hydrated lips! Which makes me really happy!!!!! It’s kinda pricey but I’ve had this for a few months and it’s not even halfway done so I’d like to think it’s worth it!)
MASK SHEETS/WASH-OFF MASKS
- Skin Food Rice Wash-Off Mask (It brightens up my skin like BAM! hahaha I really love it’s so gentle and it makes my skin feel so soft)
- Skin Food Black Sugar Honey Wash-Off Mask (not in the picture – this super moisturises and exfoliates my skin! After washing it off, my face feels so smooth and supple plus it smells wonderful!)
- Piolang 24K Gold Wrapping Mask (I personally love this cause its gold hahahaha but aside from that, it really gives me a nice glow! My skin feels so clean and bright after using this peel off mask!)
- Mumuso mask sheets (I use different kinds but I love them all! I use some that are for oily skin and the others have snail mucus! These are all ver affordable! You can buy them in up town hehe)
- Etude House mask sheets (not in the picture – I started out with these mask sheets! I love how there are different kinds and that they cater to different needs!)
- Tony Moly Egg cooling pack (this mask has a cooling effect which tightens your pores and so if you have enlarged pores, this mask is for you!)
- Indian Clay Mask (you can buy this in healthy options! This mask super cleans your skin!!!!! the description says that this mask basically gives you a facial! It’s a bit strong and so I suggest that you leave it on for only 10 minutes or so and use it once a week max!)
- Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask (this mask moisturises your skin and leaves it feeling full and hydrated)
Some tips and tricks to remember!
- Before using a mask sheet, put on your toner! This helps your skin absorb everything better!
- Use a mask sheet at least twice a week!
- Exfoliate with a scrub/face brush at least twice a week to get rid of your dead skin cells!
- Don’t leave masks on past 30 minutes because they could end up irritating your skin instead of helping it!
- Patch test strong products first before putting them all over your face!
- When incorporating new products to your skincare routine, do them slowly! Do not just start putting them on morning and evening everyday because they may not be right for your skin!
- If it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work for you. Don’t force it or else you might hurt yourself! Look for a different product. There’s something out there for you!
- Skincare before make-up! I, for one, love makeup but i learned (the hard way lol) that skincare should always come first! Trust me, it feels so much more amazing to put makeup on HEALTHY GLOWING SKIN! ❤
WHEW. THAT WAS LONG. So that’s my morning & night korean skincare routine! I’ve been on this routine for a few months now and I have been LOVING IT so far!!! It’s important to me to have healthy skin considering that my job requires me to put on makeup a lot and so switching to this routine has done wonders for me! Because skincare before makeup, always. So go go go!!!!
Follow me on: